Canadians are suffering from marijuana abuse just like the rest of the world as this problem becomes endemic now, more than ever. Although marijuana is a benign drug with worldwide movements aiming to legalize its consumption, addiction to this substance is a different story. Weed is the least to cause harm than any other addictive drugs available such as heroin and cocaine. However, there are cases of marijuana abuse that results in life-threatening situations for some individuals.
Facts about Marijuana Addiction
Different individuals have different reactions to using marijuana thus the addiction level and extent is likewise varied. There is a pressing need to control the consumption of marijuana and restrict it to medication according to legal prescription. Weed is a relaxant or it may also increase paranoia and anxiety, depending on your dosage. A medical professional supervises the use of marijuana if it is for medical purposes and treatment.
Signs of Marijuana Abuse
There are various tangible signs of addiction to weed that could lead to strained relationships and serious financial problems. Addressing the problem as early as possible is the best step to initially solve marijuana abuse and its consequences.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of marijuana addiction:
- Marijuana addicts feel anxious, paranoid, and irritable especially when they miss a session to take the substance.
- Marijuana addicts cannot seem to make clear-headed and rational decisions if they are not on weed.
- Marijuana addicts fail to participate in most social engagements without taking the substance.
- Marijuana addicts lack the motivation to study or work and would need to take some first before they become active again.
These are just a few of the many indications that you or a loved one may be suffering from marijuana abuse. Professional help or intervention may be necessary in order not to delay seeking aid. The longer you wait, the more serious the problem may become and the patient may just be too far gone when help finally arrives.
Effective Marijuana Addiction Treatment
The best treatment to deal with and solve your problem on marijuana abuse depends on one individual to another. Different people react differently to the effects of weed thus the treatment to address this problem may also vary one person to person. The first step to getting help is to find a rehab facility that specialises in marijuana addiction treatment. Choose an inpatient facility that offers 24/7 monitoring along with a comprehensive and regular therapy program. These facilities provide a consistent, compassionate, and pleasant environment for the full recovery of the patient.
Holistic healing and development are essential in marijuana addiction treatment. The right rehab facility operates with the help of licensed and trained professionals including counselors, therapists, and addiction experts. Your treatment depends on the result of your initial evaluation and your individual progress as well.
Approaches to Marijuana Therapy
These are some of the effective and proven programs for marijuana addiction treatment:
- Individual/Family/Group Counseling. Inpatient residents share their marijuana abuse problems and concerns with the professionals in complete confidentiality. Group counseling is when patients meet with other people who are experiencing the same circumstances. Family counseling aims to help not just the patient but the people in his immediate circle.
- Art and Music Therapy. Recreational and healing programs aim to entertain and boost the creativity of the patient while inside the rehab facility. It helps patients engage in worthwhile activities and keeping their minds off their addiction and craving.
Marijuana addiction treatment saves lives. Check out some of the most reliable Canadian rehab facilities to help you or your loved one who is struggling with weed abuse.